Your data is valuable and goldmine. If you don’t secure it, they will have it easily. Hackers Hit Businesses Everyday, Sometimes network penetration can completely destroy Your working life, FSIT-EG providing security solutions to protect your data.
Essential security solutions to protect your data:
Data loss prevention
DPL security solutions to protect your data is a set of tools and processes used to ensure that sensitive data is secured and not lost or accessed by unauthorized users. DLP software classifies regulated, confidential and business critical data and identifies infringement of policies defined by organizations or within a predefined policy pack, typically driven by regulatory compliance.
For entrepreneurs can use security operation center to assist with DLP to safeguard their data
Why organizations use DLP:
- Protect sensitive Information
- Keep confidential data secured
- Protect Intellectual rights protection
- increase data visibility especially in large organizations
- Keep data safe and secure in cloud
A Firewall is a device that secure, monitors, filters, and protects companies network traffic based on an organization’s previously established security policies. At its most basic, a firewall is essentially the barrier that sits between a private internal network and the public Internet. A firewall’s main purpose is to allow non permitted and unauthorized networks to access the company’s network firewall acts as a safe wall between your network and outside network
3 types of firewalls
- Hardware-based firewalls. acts as a secure gateway between devices inside the network perimeter and those outside it. …
- Software-based firewalls. A software-based, or host that runs on a server or other device. …
- Cloud/hosted firewalls.
Antivirus software moved beyond detecting viruses to prevent attacks such as malware and cyber attack from penetration and and you figure out that when the programme flags something as suspicious, it means there was an action or behavior that was threatening.
works in different ways :
- software is designed to keep out unauthorized users
- it can mislabel a file
- It may show that a file or program is malware when it is a secure file
Is a multiple security solutions to protect your data by focus on how data itself by securing data location is an approach to information and data
This is accomplished via encryption, and compliance governance. By creating a data-centric security model and robust data security policies, you can secure your organization’s sensitive data for its full lifecycle regardless of where it goes.
protection that combines extensive data security, audit functionality and sensitive data with simplified discovery, classification, granular policy controls, user and role based access, and real-time data and user activity monitoring to develop automated data security and regulatory compliance.
- Classify and discover sensitive data across systems and platforms
- Set, monitor, and control user access to data on granular levels
- influence user behavior analytics and related techniques to monitor users and behaviors
- Create important reports of security events such as, user access, and compliance audit requirements
- Reduce harm when system down
- offers multiple protection solutions that enable organizations to build a hybrid data de-identification
- Prevent specific data access by user and policy
- Provide a single management console that enables application and management of data security policies end-to-end across multiple data environments
Authentication is used by a server when the server needs to know exactly who is accessing their information or site. and also when the client needs to know that the server is the system it claims to be. In authentication, the user or computer has to prove its identity to the server or client.
Data encryption is a security method that can only be accessed or decrypted by a user with the correct encryption key.
- Identification: Who are you?
- Authentication: Prove it.
- Authorization: Do you have permission?
also requires a unique and hard login and password, but as cybersecurity threats have increased in recent years, most organizations use and recommend additional authentication factors for layered security.
There are massive amounts of sensitive information managed and stored online in the cloud or on connected servers. Encryption uses cybersecurity to defend against cyber-attacks. Data encryption works by securing transmitted digital and sensitive data on the cloud and computer systems.
- Encryption involves the process of transforming data to ensure that data is invisible to anyone who does not have a decryption key.
- The SSL drives the secure part of “https://” sites used in e-commerce sites
- All data in SSL transactions is encrypted between the client (browser) and the server (web server) before the data is transferred between the two.
- All data in SSH sessions is encrypted between the client and the server when communicating at the shell.
- By encrypting the data exchanged between the client and server, information like social security numbers, credit card numbers, and home addresses can be sent over the Internet with less risk of being intercepted.
Cloud computing security software can monitor and protect an organization’s data, applications, network devices, and endpoints from unauthorized access. These security systems safeguard sensitive information in the event of malware or cyberattack. It can also help avoid server crashes during high traffic periods by controlling capacity.
Common features found in cloud computing security software are encryption and sandboxing. Encryption scrambles data so it cannot be read without the correct key. Conversely, sandboxing isolates risky files from critical ones to prevent potential damage. Disaster recovery is also a key component of security to recover lost or stolen data.
Data masking solves security problems in a tricky way by creating a fake data of your real data (sensitive data ) The version with the masked information can then be used for various purposes, such as user training or software testing. The main objective of masking data is to create a functional substitute that does not reveal the real data.
Enterprise Mobility Management
Mobile Device Management software of the security solution that protects data,These tools ensure devices are kept safe from malware and other cyberthreats and helps companies monitor, manage and secure the mobile, tablets, laptops and all devices that connect to their network. Mobile Device Management enables companies to apply security policies across all devices that have access to sensitive data, which includes deciding which apps can be installed. MDM solutions can also locate devices that have been misplaced, and some can remotely delete sensitive data from a device that has been lost or stolen and cannot be retrieved.
cybersecurity should be a part of all organizations. Security tools are powerful factors in small, medium and large businesses for their safety, efficiency and help you create a plan of action, which should include guidance on user training, securing email platforms, and protecting your business’s information systems and data.
follow these steps to prevent cyber attacks
How can unsecured data harm your business
network users won’t realize they’ve been affected until the damage is already done
And the hackers Once they discover an unsecured network, hackers can easily install malicious software onto your network without any detection. don’t risk with your sensitive data
- reputation/brand damage
- Lost revenue
- identity lost
- Potential liability
- Lost productivity
- Lost employees
- Resolution may require outside help:
- You may wonder why more entrepreneurs aren’t doing something about data security if it poses such a big threat to businesses.
Explore how to grow your IT infrastructures
Examples of large companies that get hacked
Sony: Hacked in April to June 2011, Sony After its Playstation network was shut down by LulzSec, Sony reportedly lost almost $171 million. The hack affected 77 million accounts and is still considered the worst gaming community data breach ever. Attackers stole valuable information: full names, logins, passwords, e-mails, home addresses, purchase history, and credit card numbers.
crucial security solutions to protect your data
- secure applications
- Trained employees
- Consumer Trust In Data Repositories
- The Ability Of Network Defenses
- configured Cloud Servers
- Data Access Oversight
Read more about IT solutions
So what can you do to keep a data security incident from crippling your business? educate your organization on best practices for data use and sharing, let them know the secret keys that used by hackers and tricks.
There are many security solution to keep your company secure. Secure your database and sensitive files with FSIT-EG